Sunday, February 12, 2017

Emotional Intelligence Week 2 Post 2

"No one cares how much you know, until they know how much you care."
 -Theodore Roosevelt


Emotional intelligence is defined as a persons ability to recognize their own feelings and emotions, as well as those around them and to then adapt their behavior to their surroundings. As a young professional, I have been focusing more on my soft skills, such as emotional intelligence in order to adapt to my future workplaces. 

Traditionally, the focus of success has been based around a person's IQ, their grades, and how well they master subject matters. I feel as though this changes as you advance in life and approach your career. 

I found this graphic on the qualities that allow a person to be emotionally intelligent. Personally, one quality that I want to focus on in the near future is Social Skill, especially from a networking point of view. 


1 comment:

  1. http://trib.al/DOTpkXn

    My mentor actually shared this article with me and I meant to send it along to you and Caroline sooner. Its from the Harvard Business Review and I found it pretty interesting. Figured id pass it along incase theres something useful for your presentation!

    ReplyDelete