Monday, April 17, 2017

Being a Role Model in the Workplace

When Chris Armijo video chatted into class to talk about leadership, he brought up some good points about being a role model in the workplace. I think these points also tie in well the concepts of mentorship that we had discussed in previous classes. The ones that stuck out to me the most were :
  • Be yourself
  • Your job does not have to consume you, but it is a part of who you are
  • Be human, people will seek you out when they need you the most
  • Everyone is always watching


My favorite point that he brought up was the idea of being human or being yourself. I feel like I often forget when I am in a professional environment to relax and be myself. I have a tendency to tense up and become too serious. Moving forward I will consciously try to be more open with the new environments and people that I will be encountering in my future career. I have come across leaders who reflect who they are in their work and leadership styles, and those are the ones that I find myself most looking up to.

1 comment: