Sunday, March 5, 2017

Personality Week 5 Post 2

1.     Have someone who knew you during your childhood (preferably a parent or relative) and someone who knows you now (college friend, significant other, etc) take the MBTI test and answer the questions as if they were you. Reflect on these. Are they the same or different? Were you surprised by the results? Rank the personalities from most to least accurate.
2.     Look up your horoscope. Are the traits of your sign similar to the traits of the personality you were given when you took the MBTI? 
3.     Which statement do you relate to the most?
I feel that I can control my own destiny and what happens to me is my own doing.
I feel that things happen to me because of fate, luck, or a powerful being.





1.I had my dad take the MBTI test as if he was me and these were the results he got. 

When I took the MBTI, I received ENFJ, which is pretty similar! I feel like my personality traits have stayed pretty consistent since I was young, especially my extrovert and feeling traits. 

2. As for my Zodiac, I am born under the Cancer sign. 




"Strengths: Tenacious, highly imaginative, loyal, emotional, sympathetic, persuasive
Weaknesses: Moody, pessimistic, suspicious, manipulative, insecure
Cancer likes: Art, home-based hobbies, relaxing near or in water, helping loved ones, a good meal with friends" 

In most of the research I have done on my zodiac sign, I have found that Cancers are highly emotional people, with the ability to mask their emotions with their "shell". I feel like this definitely lines up with the Feeler aspect of my personality results. 

3. Growing up, I went to a Catholic school and we were always taught that God had a plan for us and that was that. As I have gotten older, and moved away from that mindset, I really do think that we are in charge of our own destinies. I am a firm believer that you get out what you put in.

1 comment:

  1. I think feelers have to be careful and having a shell is an important defense.

    I was raised Catholic and had similar experiences. This idea of how God's plan and free will interact are difficult theological questions that all the monotheistic religions wrestle with. We got the kid's version growing up, but as we mature and have the ability to think, it becomes pretty clear that it's not that simple, nor does the Church believe it is. How we reconcile an omnipotent, omniscient God with free will, or with the presence of evil in the world are age-old questions. Job is one of my favorite books from the Bible and as you probably know it comes from the Old Testament, which makes it part of the Jewish tradition as well. "Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?" Job 38:4-5. But the other passage I often reflect on is Matthew 25:14-30, the parable of the talents, which I am sure you are familiar with. We may not understand what the plan is (Job), but that doesn't excuse our not putting forth our best efforts (Matthew).

    ReplyDelete