Monday, May 1, 2017

One, Two, and Many as a Team

Today, Shayna and Logan presented on the topic of Teamwork. I noticed a lot of what they talked about lined up very well with the evolution of our class as Management II. We started off on the first day all really uncomfortable. No one wanted to volunteer to put on the blindfold and do the icebreaker. We all sort of looked at each other, waiting for someone to step forward, not wanting to make a fool of ourselves. I think that part of the course was our Forming stage. Our Storming stage, although not hostile as the diagram below shows, was confusing. We all had different ideas: how should we pick our mentors? how should we be graded? how many absences? I feel like after the first few presentations we reached Norming. You can tell the level of comfort we had with each other just by how much we participated. No one was afraid to ask questions or make comments. After that, we reached Performing. Now, as we assemble our primer, we are Adjourning. We are assessing what we have done, and looking at all the work we have done with pride. I think we make a great team.


2 comments:

  1. I had never heard of this before doing research for our class but its funny because I can actually look back and see that we really went through each of these stages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adjourning Monday... :)

    True - I have to admit that moment when I was handing out the blindfolds and most of the class was looking at me like "I'm not going to do that" I was wondering if this was going to work. But you guys really did come together and support each other.

    ReplyDelete