Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Workplace Environment

A study was published in the Proceedings of Healthy Buildings 2000, Vol 1 showing that factors such as temperature problems, stuffiness, job stress, and just an overall unsatisfactory indoor environment had a positive correlation with low levels of productivity. I think this is an important thing to take note as as a student soon to be entering the workforce. It is important to be aware of how your environment really can take a toll on you and your co workers. Also, the way that you and your co workers treat your space can make you more or less productive.

If there is any two people to show what not to do in an office space, its Dwight Schrute and Jim Halpert. They both negatively affect the work environment in these clips. Both contribute to a somewhat negative (although entertaining) workplace environment.



(No one likes feet, especially in their workplace)


Pranks are great but not in the office 


2 comments:

  1. Workplace environment is personally really important to me. In particular, I have a hard time getting work done in an area that is messy. Often times if I do work in my room or living room I will tidy up the area around me before settling into my work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're bringing out all your favorites - Zodiac, The Office. It's peak Regan.

    Aytur is big on built environment studies. I only recently heard about that concept.

    ReplyDelete